We finally have a confirmed date for Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition which will release on March 21st for PC gamers. Thankfully it includes plenty of graphics options to tweak it to your liking, that might also help Steam Deck performance.
They've confirmed it will have NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR and Intel XeSS. It will also support "21:9 ultra-wide, 32:9 super ultra-wide and even 48:9 resolutions with compatibility for triple-monitor setups", along with fully customizable controls from keyboard and mouse to controllers.
Pre-order bonuses were also announced:
- Blacktide Outfit and Blacktide Bow* (available only with pre-purchase).
- Nora Legacy Outfit and Nora Spear* (available only when linking your Steam account to PlayStation Network).
- 2 Special Outfits (Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite).
- 2 Special Weapons (Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling).
- In-game Resources Pack including ammunition, potions, and travel packs.
- In-game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece.
- Exclusive Photo Mode pose and face paint.
It's truly fantastic that we have Proton to play games like this one Linux. And that Sony PlayStation titles now release on PC often like this too. Good time to be a gamer for sure.
That said, for Steam Deck players, the first game was really tough on the Steam Deck, I will be very interested to see if this can get anywhere close to at least 30FPS. Desktop Linux players of course have a lot more options.
Check out the Steam page for more.
Will you be picking it up?