MangoHud is the fantastic tool you can use to display various amounts of performance information while gaming on Linux, it's also what the Steam Deck uses for the HUD too. A new version 0.7.1 is out now!
For reference, it can look a little like this at the top:
If you like my horizontal layout you can find it on my GitHub Gist, just copy it into a text file and name it "MangoHud.conf" and place it into "~/.config/MangoHud/".
In the new release these parameters have been changed:
gamepad_batteryhas been reworked to
device_battery. This parameter currently supports the values
timenow has a title.
fps_metricstakes a decimal value or "avg". e.g
avg,0.001and displays the metrics.
winesyncshows the current implementation of synchronization primitives. E.g ESYNC/FSYNC etc.
present_modeshows the current Vulkan present mode or vsync status in OpenGL.
Other changes and fixes:
- Added support for gpu load on Adreno GPUs.
- Added cpu temp for zenpower3 module.
- Meson option: mangoplot.
- xnvctrl: fix an issue that could cause crashing when accessing GPU fan speed.
- Fixed an issue where no config present wouldn't use default mangohud presets.
- Fixed a crashing issue with CS2.
- Reworked intel code. Should resolve some issues where mangohud didn't shut down properly when using an Intel GPU.
- Fix OpenGL runtime on musl libc systems #1133.
text_outline_colorincorrectly using BGR instead of RGB.
See all on the Github Page.