Vigil: The Longest Night is a recent discovery that captured my interest instantly with the visual style and it's coming to Linux.
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
When asked about Linux support on Steam, the developer said " Thanks for asking. We will support Linux for sure :D" so that's nice and clear. As it turns out, looking around today their official Twitter account mentions Linux directly too, although they're not very active on it.
Some features to expect:
- Experiment with 4 types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
There's no set release date for it yet, other than sometime this year. Quite exciting though, the style of it along with the combat does look damn fine. I will be following this along, so I will keep you up to date on any new information on it as it comes.
Find it on Steam.