Red Hook Studios are currently working on the free DLC The Butcher's Circus and with Season 2 about to release, the Linux (and macOS) versions are just about ready.
To be clear, Darkest Dungeon is already on Linux but the updates to support this brand new competitive game mode are not. Red Hook Studios have been pretty clear on it for some time that it would come later, and they mentioned in early July about it being close but they wanted to ensure they're ready for release.
In a fresh blog post update, they mentioned this:
MacOS, Linux, Offline Bots, and Direct Challenge improvements are ready for testing internally and while they won’t be with tomorrow’s update, you can expect these features in the next week or so.
So hold onto your hats, The Butcher's Circus is coming to Linux Town really soon.
What does it feature?
- New Hamlet Location: The Butcher's Circus
- Engage in no-holds-barred PvP combat with teams of 4 heroes (without risking your Campaign heroes)
- Climb the ranks to show off your command of heroes and ability to weather misfortune and violence
- Unlock banner components and use your creativity to assemble your own duelist heraldry
- Strategize with new gladiatorial trinkets that can mean all the difference in pitched battles against other heroes
- A gleefully warped musical theme by Stuart Chatwood, Narrator quips by the esteemed Wayne June, and all new gripping sound FX by Power Up Audio