More retro original PlayStation-style horror experiences? Say no more, sign me up. Cursed Letters is another coming to Linux PC later in 2020. In development by Letters Team and Flow Studios with a focus on providing a distubing horror experience that bring together PSX (original PlayStation) style with some modern mechanics.
Check out their first teaser:
- Impersonation - Mobility, vision, all your senses will be at stake. Getting caught means suffering, and exchange in order to stay alive.
- Survival - Leaning, Hiding, Running, Throwing... Resort to everything you can.
- Explore - Understand the rooms around you, navigate through them, and find a way out...
- Death - Prepare yourself against an enemy that will leave traps, search every room you go, and listen closely to the sounds you make. Just to finally catch up to you.
- Brutality - You will always feel unprepared for the challenges you will face, you must search every room, improvise on your options to simply stay alive.
- PSX Aesthetics - A horror experience heavily inspired by PSX games.
- Puzzles - Heavily inspired by 80's horror movies.
- Fail Fast - There is no failure except in no longer trying.
I'm really not sure who kickstarted this surge of classic styled horror games but I'm all for it. Just like the upcoming release of Alisa, I'm interested to see how this does at release because this style has a lot of charm to it and an atmosphere that so many "realistic" games can't match.
You can follow Cursed Letters on Steam.