Valve has today released Proton 7.0-4 after a short period in public testing, this brings further compatibility of Windows games on Linux desktop and Steam Deck.
You don't have to do anything special for the update, as it will be available in your Downloads on Steam as long as Proton 7.0 is installed. Just update it like any other game or application you have in your Steam Library, it's the same on Linux desktop as it is on Steam Deck.
Here's the full changelog of what's new and changed.
- The following games are now playable:
- Aquarist - My First Job
- Chuzzle Deluxe
- Zuma's Revenge!
- Karmaflow The Rock Opera Videogame - Act I & Act II
- The Rising of the Shield Hero: Relive The Animation
- Disgaea 5
- Fix Elden Ring getting stuck on a white screen on first launch.
- Support automatically bringing up on screen keyboard on Steam Deck in the Final Fantasy XIV launcher.
- Fix Final Fantasy XIV launcher exiting silently when there's not enough space to download the update.
- Fix Chrono Trigger, Adventure Pals crashing during cutscenes.
- Fix The Ball displaying error message on the first launch.
- Fix video playback in: POSTAL: Brain Damaged, Lost Ember.
- Fix Hardspace: Shipbreaker failing to connect to online services.
- Fix Azur Lane: Crosswave hanging on a black screen for some users.
- Fix Dokyusei Bangin' Summer showing only flickering black window on desktop.
- Fix Bloons TD 6 crashing on touch input.
- Fix Sid Meier's Civilization IV crashing on world creation.
- Fix Assassin's Creed Origins hanging during gameplay after recent game update.
- Fix Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies and Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer crashing after connecting online.
- Fix graphical glitches in Cossacs 3 on desktop.
- Fix garbled audio in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
- Fix Elite Dangerous and other launchers not working properly when cloned displays are present.
- Implement Vulkan other process rendering (used by nw.js games).
- Improve performance of HROT.
- Improve video playback for many games that previously required targeted hacks.
- Reduce space used by game prefixes if filesystem supports copy on write.
- Update dxvk to v1.10.3.
- Update vkd3d-proton to v2.6-1-gc05900da.
Here's the usual quick video, along with some Zuma's Revenge! footage on Steam Deck:
Changelog can be seen here any time.