A Steam Deck plugin for Decky Loader that I recently mentioned, ControllerTools, has a fresh update out to make it more useful.
Since I last covered it, all of this has been added in:
- New feature: Added low battery alerts. These can be toggled via a new UI setting.
- Fixed a bug when multiple controllers with the same product/vendor ID are plugged in.
- Add a debug mode UI setting to enable verbose logging.
- There isn't support yet for battery capacity for Xbox controllers connected over USB. Hide the percentage indicator for now.
- Added hacky support for Xbox controllers battery capacity.
- Add more generic support for controllers and icon for Stadia.
Hopefully though, at some point Valve will be able to hook up their own built-in features like this for third-party controllers but until then ControllerTools really does add some useful stuff.
You can find the plugin on GitHub. Installing it with Decky Loader is easy, since it has a built-in plugin store to just download various plugins all directly inside Gaming Mode on Steam Deck. This update is currently pending approval, so it should be live sometime soon.
Want to know how to use Decky Loader on Steam Deck? See the video below: