Valve are continuing to push ahead with improvements to their Steam Input system, with it now supporting PS3 Controllers and many more.
In terms of what new gamepads are supported, here's the list:
- Added support for PS3 Controllers as a separate controller type. Does not include support for the DS3 gyro or analog face buttons. If you’re using a DS3 on Windows you’ll have to obtain the Sony driver through PlayStation Now.
- Added support for ~40 PS3 Controllers and PS3 Controller-like PC peripherals.
- Added support for the HoriPad Mini4, Level Up Cobra, Mad Catz FightStick TE 2, and Mad Catz FightStick TE 2+ PS4 Controllers
- Added support for the HORI Pokken Tournament DX Pro Controller
- Added the ability to revert locally defined layouts in the "Define Layout" menu
The new Steam Chat system has also been adjusted, so it now loads "from a new dedicated domain" and this update will reset your settings this once.
They also pushed out a Linux-specific fix a few days ago (Beta Client still), so that the screensaver will be correctly interrupted when using controllers or In-Home Streaming. I know a few of you reported issues with that, so nice to see it solved.
See more here in the beta client announcements.