Boyfriend Dungeon [Official Site] from Kitfox Games (Moon Hunters) promises a rather unusual action-RPG dungeon crawler, one where your weapons actually transform into 'beautiful people' you can take out for a date.
Boyfriend Dungeon is an action-RPG dungeon crawler in which the weapons you use transform into beautiful people -- take them on dates to level them up and become more powerful together.
I will admit, I actually quite like the idea of this. They must really be onto something too, since it only arrived in my inbox a few hours ago and on Kickstarter they've already managed to hit their initial goal—crazy!
- Date up to six weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers
- Generated action-combat dunj and challenges
- Various combat styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality, including male, female, and non-binary romance
- Take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach
The best news, is that Kitfox will continue to support Linux gaming as it's listed rather clearly as a platform. It doesn't currently show Linux support on the Steam page though, hopefully they will mention that sometime later.
Find it on Kickstarter.