After a successful Kickstarter campaign, the fantasy tavern management sim with "RPG elements" Crossroads Inn will be releasing this month on Steam and GOG.
What's really interesting about Crossroads Inn is how it will have two entirely different game modes. There's a Sandbox mode that will have you build your own tavern, hire staff, manage the business and so on. While the Campaign mode will have a "rich story" to play through full of "large-scale drama full of political intrigues, vivid characters, treacherous NPC’s and dangerous quests".
You can see some of the Sandbox mode in one of their somewhat recent livestreams below:
- Real-time management sim and RPG in one!
- Two distinct game modes: an epic Campaign mode with a non-linear story (12 different endings!) and nearly endless Sandbox mode dedicated to hardcore sim fans
- A rich and detailed lore with feuding factions and powerful organizations – choose to forge alliances or work against others in an original low fantasy setting
- Once in a lifetime culinary adventure designed in cooperation with the experts from Nerds’ Kitchen! Discover recipes, create new dishes and serve varied menus to attract different social groups
- A complex tavern economy simulation with various groups of customers, special guests, unique and regular employees, dozens of resources and facilities to build and develop
- Original soundtrack composed by talented team including Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3) and recorded with traditional folk instruments from various cultures and eras
Hat tip to NuSuey.