Canonical developer Martin Wimpress shared an update to their handy NVIDIA Optimus GPU switcher, might be worth a look if you're in need of something to make it easier.
- Added support for NVIDIA On-Demand.
- Displays the currently active OpenGL renderer.
- Will now prompt users to log out when switching GPUs.
- Supports MATE, XFCE, Budgie and Cinnamon.
- Refactored as an AppIndicator with GtkStatusMenu fallback.
- Updates the icons with .svg.
Love seeing projects like this, anything that can make things a little easier is great. I wasn't aware of this until today, so hopefully this little news tip might interest some of you this weekend too.
You can find it on GitHub.