Another classic game may be coming to Linux, with hints of Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive recently popping up.
On SteamDB today was this entry:
To be clear, this isn't confirmation of it coming. Sometimes games pop up indicating Linux support on SteamDB, but don't actually come.
The strategy game was originally released back in 2001 and it gained a Steam release in 2013 a few months after THQ Nordic (formerly Nordic Games) swallowed up some of Atari's IP, like this one.
THQ Nordic have revived other games before, like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and Imperium Galactica II: Alliances which were updated with Linux support. So, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Quite likely in fact, I would say.
Fans have previously asked for a HD remake, so it will be interesting to see what happens.
- More than 20 enemies with different profiles, from the lazy and cowardly bandit, to the fearsome mercenary.
- A team of 6 characters, each with their own very distinct characteristics, to manage in real time.
- 25 different levels provide nail-biting intrigue, with cinematic transition scenes and landscapes that will take your breath away. Amazing artificial intelligence!
- Each enemy is ranked on 10 different criteria, including intelligence, courage, marksmanship, resistance to alcohol, etc.
- An array of different settings: day-time, night-time, storms, dusk, villages, ghost towns, fortresses, gold mines, saloons, prisons, boats 6 training levels to allow the player to really get into the story