StarCrossed, an action-arcade game with a magical girl aesthetic and a cooperative twist has now officially released for Linux shortly after the Windows version became available last month.
It plays something a little like a classic arcade shooter, except your only weapon is a bright star that you need to bounce between you and your partner to keep the momentum going. A very fun and sweet twist, something like a ridiculously action-packed co-op pong with bright and inviting visuals.
Developed by Contigo Games with publishing from Whitethorn Digital, this is another crowdfunding success from Kickstarter. The team managed to get $12,270 in funding back in October of 2018.
Two different modes are included with a story-mode and a traditional score-chasing arcade mode that has you attempt to keep reaching higher against endless waves of enemies.
- Cast of 5 playable characters to choose from, each with their own unique ultimate ability!
- Designed from the ground up for 2 player local co-op! Split controller offers the option for solo play or an even cozier two player experience.
- Supports Xbox and PS4 controllers.
- Get competitive with Arcade Mode, featuring a global high score leaderboard!
- Explore the galaxy in Story Mode, with visual novel style dialogue scenes and an epic quest!
- Original soundtrack of magical and spacey tunes, composed by PearlPixel!
If you want in on the absolutely crazy looking action check it out on Humble Store and Steam.
You can see my crowdfunded games on our dedicated page.
See more from me