Silent Dreams are working on a sequel to their 2016 survival RPG with Dead Age 2 coming to Linux early next year, with publishing once again from Headup Games.
Since the previous game had Linux support, plus Dead Age 2 appeared in the Linux section on Steam I quickly asked them on their Steam forum if this too will have Linux support and they had a clear "Yes, thats the plan." answer.
- More complex story with no knowledge of the previous storyline necessary: If you haven't played Dead Age you will still be able to follow the diverse story of Dead Age 2 without difficulty.
- Improved combat system (Final Fantasy X meets Darkest Dungeon): with fast-paced yet strategic battles and use of up to 24 skills
- Faction Reputation System: Increase your standing with the three major factions to reap rewards and improve trade
- 3D Base-Management: Assign tasks to survivors, craft items and expand you camp's capabilities for improved crafting options
- Compact Open World: Free exploration of the world map with 80 detailed locations to search for valuable resources
- Decisions with Consequences: Your decisions directly affect the story in a much more drastic way. Dead Age 2 has six unique possible endings
- Rogue-Like Elements: random 3D events with permadeath! If you die, you may purchase upgrades unlocked in previous runs for your next playthrough. Choose from 3 difficulty levels
The first game proved to be quite popular, with a "Very Positive" overall rating from nearly three thousand user reviews so it's not surprising to see them revisit the formula, especially as it's their most popular game to date. I played and enjoyed the first one myself too, so I'm keen to see all the improvements. Especially nice you don't need to have played the first game to enjoy this one.
For the release the're currently aiming for Early Access in "late Q1 or early Q2 2020". You can wishlist and follow it over on Steam.