Caligari Games and Daedalic Entertainment have today released their time bending adventure game The Great Perhaps and with it comes same-day Linux support as promised.
A very intriguing game this one, since it's both pre and post-apocalypse due to the time travelling mechanics involved. The game tells the story of an astronaut returning to Earth destroyed by natural disasters. While searching amongst the ruins, you find an usual old lantern which has the ability to shine a light into time itself.
- Use time travel to solve challenging puzzles and unlock the mysteries behind the apocalypse.
- Experience a world of gripping tension and haunting sorrow before and after the fall.
- Discover innovative storytelling which binds together past and present.
- Meet memorable characters with touching personal stories.
- Original dynamic soundtrack which adapts to each timeline.
- Wistful hand-drawn 2D art style inspired by Soviet aesthetics and history.
From what I've been told (not one I was supplied a review key for) it's quite a short game between 2-3 hours. GOG have supplied a key today, so I will see what I think and let you know in a future article.