Wine 3.2 officially released today and it comes with some interesting improvements, which I'm sure many will appreciate.
Here's the official noted highlights:
- Separate implementation of USER controls for ComCtl32 v6.
- Multisample texture support in Direct3D.
- Support for HID gamepads.
- More event support in MSHTML.
- Obsolete DOS code removed.
- Various bug fixes.
In regards to bug fixes, the Wine team noted 34 bugs as fixed. These include improvements to running Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb, The Witness, Hearthstone, System Shock and more.
Some better support for gamepads I'm sure will be welcome by many, the better experience people get from running older games in Wine the easier a transition it will be for people coming to Linux. That's what I think anyway, Wine can be useful for those who don't want to lose access to older games.