The latest bi-weekly Wine development release is out with 3.8 and it brings a few notable features and bug fixes. I'm always in awe at the speed of Wine development, giving the mammoth task it really is.
Here's their feature highlights:
- Infrastructure for writing kernel driver tests.
- Support for showing file properties in the Shell browser.
- MP3 decoder as a DirectX Media Object.
- More support for the Task Scheduler.
- Support for COM aggregation in UrlMon.
In terms of bug fixes, they noted a total of 32 that have been fixed. These include fixing an issue in League Of Legends with OpenWRT based routers, fixes for multiple MSI-based installers, more fixes for other types of installers, Steam Big Picture issues and so on.
See the full release announcement here.