There's a lot of cyberpunk games, steampunk and more but what about Woodpunk? It's an action roguelike that looks good and it's coming to Linux.
It released for Windows a few days ago, after checking it out I thought it looked pretty sweet. Before speaking to the developer, I perused the Steam forum and as expected there was already someone asking about Linux support. The answer from the developer was surprising "We're aiming pre-christmas!" and so we should hopefully see it soon.
- Exhilarating pixel shooter action with virtually endless variations of level designs allowing for new challenges every time you play
- A wide arsenal of procedurally generated weapons, both melee and ranged, with over 1400 possible creations
- Battle over a hundred enemies on screen at a time, each with different strategies and fighting styles, along with massive bosses!
- Beauty from destruction: Everything inside the map is destrucible. Trees crumble, boxes explode into the air and entire 2-story buildings collapse. Corpses, pieces of furniture and rubble are all left behind, and can have special gameplay effects later on!
- Play with a friend! Asymmetrical local multiplayer: One player plays the inventor, the other plays the robot, each with their own complementary skills.
- Research new weapon parts to build your custom weapons. Develop and unlock new modules to expand your robot’s combat capabilities or enhance your own.
- Fast-paced, action-packed gameplay with slick and responsive controls in 60 FPS. Prepare to sweat!
Follow and wishlist on Steam. As a reminder, be sure to set your platform preference (at the bottom here) on Steam to "SteamOS + Linux" only, this ensures developers see your wishlist entry show up as Linux.