Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
For anyone interested in Retrogaming
ProfessorKaos64 commented on 14 May 2015 at 5:18 pm UTC

Main:
https://github.com/ProfessorKaos64

Notable projects (well...kind of haha):
•SteamOS-Tools - utilities and scripts for SteamOS, including software installs, stats monitoring, retro gaming emulation, and more.
•RetroRig - automated and scripted installation of emulators, tools, and software for retro gaming. Based on XBMC/Kodi
•RetroRig-ES - automated and scripted installation of emulators, tools, and software for retro gaming. Based on EmulationStation.
•GnGeo - source build maintained for SteamOS installation purposes.

Nasra commented on 21 June 2015 at 7:39 am UTC

Great tools, thanks !

tuxisagamer commented on 19 August 2015 at 1:59 pm UTC

I'm part of Retrocade of Erie. We throw Retro console events periodically in Erie, PA. We even have a CDI!

Saulsecsiramirez commented on 14 July 2016 at 7:48 pm UTC

What's the best dream-cast emulator for ubuntu?

slavezeo commented on 27 September 2016 at 10:03 am UTC

Saulsecsiramirez What's the best dream-cast emulator for ubuntu?

Kinda off topic (sorry) but I have to use retroarch and the Reicast libretro core to emulate Dreamcast titles. I have never been able to compile a standalone Linux build of Reicast, so I was forced to look at retroarch. Retroarch is kind of an unwieldy beast but seems to work well from the command line. Configuring the DC BIOS is really the hardest part. Libretro is soooo anal about the location of it's BIOS files. I had to end up throwing a copy of the BIOS in a directory called 'dc' in with the .cdi GD-ROM image files. After doing this the Reicast core fired up and ran as well as it could. There are still all kinds of graphical rendering errors and it's a little wonky while playing sometimes. But it's about all we got aside from LXDream. I've never had luck with LXDream. I guess you could use WINE and a Windows Dreamcast emulator, but I'm not sure what is even available.

The command line for retroarch/libretro is like this

retroarch <path to reicast_libretro.so> <path to .cdi GD-ROM image>

Hope this helps.

Bladeforce commented on 12 November 2016 at 9:07 pm UTC

I've compiled reicast for linux and uploaded it here

https://mega.nz/#!6thnXbpL!-6QiIkk90Tb5zmpDYJxA0AFOSdbtzLEKmvGWN3zfx4Y

you will need to create a folder in your home/.local/share/reicast/data
Inside this put your dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin files (You're on your own to find those babies

I have the reciast executable file stored in /usr/local/bin
to use type "reicast <path to game iso>" (You're on your own to find these babies too)

Enjoy

slavezeo commented on 20 November 2016 at 1:30 am UTC

Did you have to do anything special to compile reicast? I've tried and tried with no luck

Also, what disto did you compile it under?

thanks

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts