You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
For anyone interested in Retrogaming
ProfessorKaos64 May 14, 2015
Main:
https://github.com/ProfessorKaos64

Notable projects (well...kind of haha):
•SteamOS-Tools - utilities and scripts for SteamOS, including software installs, stats monitoring, retro gaming emulation, and more.
•RetroRig - automated and scripted installation of emulators, tools, and software for retro gaming. Based on XBMC/Kodi
•RetroRig-ES - automated and scripted installation of emulators, tools, and software for retro gaming. Based on EmulationStation.
•GnGeo - source build maintained for SteamOS installation purposes.
Nasra Jun 21, 2015
Great tools, thanks !
tuxisagamer Aug 19, 2015
I'm part of Retrocade of Erie. We throw Retro console events periodically in Erie, PA. We even have a CDI!
Saulsecsiramirez Jul 14, 2016
What's the best dream-cast emulator for ubuntu?
slavezeo Sep 27, 2016
Quoting: Saulsecsiramirez What's the best dream-cast emulator for ubuntu?

Kinda off topic (sorry) but I have to use retroarch and the Reicast libretro core to emulate Dreamcast titles. I have never been able to compile a standalone Linux build of Reicast, so I was forced to look at retroarch. Retroarch is kind of an unwieldy beast but seems to work well from the command line. Configuring the DC BIOS is really the hardest part. Libretro is soooo anal about the location of it's BIOS files. I had to end up throwing a copy of the BIOS in a directory called 'dc' in with the .cdi GD-ROM image files. After doing this the Reicast core fired up and ran as well as it could. There are still all kinds of graphical rendering errors and it's a little wonky while playing sometimes. But it's about all we got aside from LXDream. I've never had luck with LXDream. I guess you could use WINE and a Windows Dreamcast emulator, but I'm not sure what is even available.

The command line for retroarch/libretro is like this

retroarch <path to reicast_libretro.so> <path to .cdi GD-ROM image>

Hope this helps.
slavezeo Nov 20, 2016
Did you have to do anything special to compile reicast? I've tried and tried with no luck :(

Also, what disto did you compile it under?

thanks
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.