Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Rusties top 10 Linux Indies must have buys.
Rustybolts Jan 15, 2011
[CENTER]Rusties Top Ten[/CENTER]

1. Eschalon Book 1 ($19.95) Basilisk Games - Developers of Role Playing Games for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
[media=youtube]FqSkCka_Ijg[/media]
2. Eschalon Book 2 ($24.95) Basilisk Games - Developers of Role Playing Games for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
[media=youtube]-Ivf6pIetKs[/media]
3. Penumbra Series (more or less one game)($20) The Penumbra Series
[media=youtube]GAvQAkXqnUg[/media]
4. Caster ($4.99) Caster : Home
[media=youtube]Jn7-IyghJy8[/media]
5. Darwinia (£10.00) Darwinia
[media=youtube]o0MECqgaTmc[/media]
6. Lugaru ($9.99) Lugaru HD - Wolfire Games
[media=youtube]LWTxaAj5w-4[/media]
7. H-Craft (£10.07) <Irrgheist games>
[media=youtube]nCUGvYPpRPs[/media]
8. Steel Storm ($9.95) Steel Storm, an indie top-down arcade shooter. SP, DM and COOP! Linux, Mac and Win platforms.
[media=youtube]3fAVk05OyGQ[/media]
9. World of Goo ($20) World of Goo
[media=youtube]-A_JfkzPwww[/media]
10. Osmos ($10) Hemisphere Games Osmos –
[media=youtube]pso6UBicLWU[/media]

There are two games that may or may not have made this list due to me not being able to play them, but i am sure they are great games.

Amnesia (£13.38) http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main
[media=youtube]JEHPwAvrc_U[/media]
Grappling Hook (£10.95) http://ghook.speedrungames.com/index_en.ph
[media=youtube]QAn9mw5wPNo[/media]
Liam Dawe Jan 15, 2011
A really nice list there Rusty.

I really do need to get myself a copy of a few of them! Especially Caster.
Hamish Jan 16, 2011
Well, lets see... I have the full versions of Penumbra, Osmos, and Luguru HD... I have played the Book I, Book II, H-Craft, and Amnesia demos... so I think I am fairly Indie experienced then.

How does the full game of H-Craft play though Rusty? The demo for me quickly lost its appeal after I fell off the world so many times. Does the game improve or do I simply need to learn how to steer?
Rustybolts Jan 16, 2011
H-Craft plays so smoothly but gets much better once you learn to control the craft. Turning early before the turn, hugging the inside edge, on the tighter corners easing up on the throttle whilst turning your craft then applying throttle when in desired direction. Getting used to the drift. Tapping the throttle helps to get around some corners. When you have got this down the game improves a lot. Where the game is flawed for me is the lack of weapons, I know this would make it a clone but I don't care it would improve the game no end (still it is a good game as is).
Rustybolts Jan 16, 2011
Quoting: "liamdawe, post: 1085"A really nice list there Rusty.

I really do need to get myself a copy of a few of them! Especially Caster.

Yeah Caster is now a must buy since the release of second episode for linux only $4.99 and now much more play there. Thoroughly recommend a purchase for a couple of english pounds 2-3.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.