You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Favorite and Least favorite game console.
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010
Favorite and Least favorite game console.

The top spot for me goes to the Sega Genesis. It had some great games a lot of them under rated. I still play a lot of the greats on a regular basis (EG: Comix Zone, Phantasy Star, and many of the Non-Sonic Platformers).

As for my least favorite, that would go to the Virtual boy, the horrible red screen and lack luster games. I will give it credit for Teleroboxer but not enough to same the console.

Also gonna give honorable mention to the Turbo Graphics 16, I had a very love hate relationship with this console, But I would love to have one again and have another go at Keith Courage.
alexandrius Aug 31, 2010
Re: Favorite and Least favorite game console.

From NES - Mario and Contra obviously
From PS1 - Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider and Legacy of kain: Soul River
MaximB Sep 5, 2010

Quoting: tweakedenigmaThe top spot for me goes to the Sega Genesis. It had some great games a lot of them under rated. I still play a lot of the greats on a regular basis (EG: Comix Zone, Phantasy Star, and many of the Non-Sonic Platformers).

As for my least favorite, that would go to the Virtual boy, the horrible red screen and lack luster games. I will give it credit for Teleroboxer but not enough to same the console.

Also gonna give honorable mention to the Turbo Graphics 16, I had a very love hate relationship with this console, But I would love to have one again and have another go at Keith Courage.

Are you saying that you begun to play Console games at the age of 4 ?

The only 2 consoles that I owned were SNES and PS2 which I currently own.
Both where fun for their time, I spent countless hours playing SNES - it was pure fun.

The consoles I never played and I dislike are : Xbox and Xbox360 ...and somewhat Wii which is gay ;)
tweakedenigma Sep 5, 2010

Not sure how you determined 4, but thats pretty close to accurate (Closer to 5 really). The SNES and PS2 were a log of fun but I got a lot more use out of my Genesis.

I am also not a big fan of the Xbox or the 360. Besides being MS products I just find the PS3 is a much better system.

As for the Wii, it is a lot of fun if you have a bunch of people over, especially if some of them are non gamers.
Liam Dawe Sep 5, 2010

Hard for me to say, i'm not very nostalgic when it comes to these sorts of things.

Xbox 360 for me, just because it's current gen, has online and a massive list of games.
Rustybolts Sep 8, 2010

Although have had consoles from Acetronic - Sega Master System - Genesis (megadrive) -N64 - Gamecube - Wii , and have played on many others the N64 was the greatest console ever. Goldeneye or Perfect Dark the two most played games for me. Me and my mates would get the cans in and have alcohol fuelled four way splitscreen deathmatch. Great Times!!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.