You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
OpenMW .37
coryrj19951 commented on 1 December 2015 at 12:06 am UTC

Has anyone else downloaded this update recently? They switched from Ogre to OpenSceneGraph, and it made quite a difference for me

A few comparison screenshots running on an R9 270x. Version 0.36 everything was off and lowered for the graphics and Version 0.37 everything was maxed. (in about two days time I will be able to test it on a Nvidia GTX 970 )

Version 0.36 (27 fps)

Version 0.37 (59.99 fps)

Version 0.36 (14 fps)

Version 0.37 (37.06 fps)

A few more screenshots here

Julius commented on 1 December 2015 at 12:20 pm UTC

Wow, massive difference. I wonder if not more FOSS games should switch away from OGRE3D as they run really badly (Stunt Rally for example, sadly a bad example as a switch is highly unlikely for it).

liamdawe commented on 1 December 2015 at 1:40 pm UTC

Wow, not only an FPS difference, but the new version looks noticeably better graphically too!

coryrj19951 commented on 1 December 2015 at 2:37 pm UTC

TheBossWow, not only an FPS difference, but the new version looks noticeably better graphically too!

I think technically 0.36 would look more similar to 0.37 but my system couldn't handle anything above extra low And I wanted to show the difference of my system running on 0.36 running on "ultra low" and 0.37 maxed out.

Here is 0.36 maxed out (4 fps)

Gotta say, I'm loving OSG

codyaj1995 commented on 2 December 2015 at 12:35 am UTC

i still cant get over how nice the water looks! OpenMW is finally fully playable on my system! (with a radeon hd7770!)

stan commented on 2 December 2015 at 9:33 am UTC

That’s great; I’ve never played Morrowind and I’ll probably use OpenMW rather than Wine to play it. But I think I’ll wait until they add the shadows back .

Edit: as well as distant land and object shaders. That may explain some of the improved performance, but hopefully not much of it ;).

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts