The Shameful and Disappointing Surround Sound Thread
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
edddeduck_feral Nov 7, 2016
I don't know for sure what's happening based on the other comment it works just fine in game which is certainly suggesting something is happening somewhere likely deep in Alsa/Pulse. Or it could just be the other users think it was working but it wasn't working completely.

I'm sorry to say that debugging a specific setup over forums isn't really feasible given all the possible variations but by all means report a support report to our team and we can add your setup and details to the tracking bug and once we find out more we can let you know.

Edwin
pete910 Nov 7, 2016
Quoting: edddeduck_feralI don't know for sure what's happening based on the other comment it works just fine in game which is certainly suggesting something is happening somewhere likely deep in Alsa/Pulse. Or it could just be the other users think it was working but it wasn't working completely.

I'm sorry to say that debugging a specific setup over forums isn't really feasible given all the possible variations but by all means report a support report to our team and we can add your setup and details to the tracking bug and once we find out more we can let you know.

Edwin

This is the problem, A lot of people confuse multi channel stereo with surround sound, I've been one in the past.

Like you say, diagnosing across a forum is beyond hard. Going on the few that do work + movies etc am inclined to be 99% certain it just don't work in DeusEx

It also wasn't a dig at you/feral regards the situation overall, the port in general is seems solid. Going on the quick go with the Steam controller doing the vid above it also works well out of the box. It's just a shame that a game like this does not work with surround sound.
edddeduck_feral Nov 7, 2016
Quoting: pete910It also wasn't a dig at you/feral regards the situation overall, the port in general is seems solid. Going on the quick go with the Steam controller doing the vid above it also works well out of the box. It's just a shame that a game like this does not work with surround sound.

No offence taken, surround sound is something on our todo so your feedback to support will be very helpful.

Cheers,

Edwin
CaineThanatos Mar 22, 2020
3 years later, figuring it still is the same.
only stereo :(
C7z May 6, 2020
Man whats really going on with surround sound in games on Linux this is 2020 and Still a problem. Stereo is was invented in the 1930's why are we defaulting to stereo for games on Linux of all oses. I use Analog surround 7.1 sound card and the razer tiamat 7.1 headset which i think based on Youtube reviews got it grossly wrong or they just don't know how to setup analog setups period. Anyway the sounds that this thing pumps out is amazing especially when it come to surround sound. Now on Linux i can get Netflix via chrome browser to play 5.1 surround no problem i can Watch my anime/movies VLC in surround no problem but when i load up steam or GOG games are in stereo i am talking native games not proton ones. i play alot of dota its does support surround but lfe is messed up its like its mixed in with all the channels rather than being defined by its self it sounds gross so guess what back to stereo lets go back to the 1930's.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.