You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Faeria for free!
robvv Aug 10, 2016
Faeria is currently available for free on Steam. Linux support not advertised but available.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/397060/

Cheers,
Rob
Mountain Man Aug 11, 2016
Must have been a short-lived promo. It currently has a $24.99 price tag.

Edit: Yep, it was free for 24-hours.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/397060/announcements/detail/868452655740947781

Looks like I missed it.
manero666 Aug 11, 2016
I missed that too :S:
Rhythagoras Aug 27, 2016
It is now permanently free.
Mountain Man Aug 29, 2016
Pretty fun game. Only played a few matches, but I already like it better than Hearthstone. Building the board as you go and moving your units around as you play makes for a very interesting play. It's not just down to the luck of the draw.
14 Oct 18, 2016
I was waiting for this one for a while, since I casually like computer card games and there were like no multiplayer ones on Linux. Ironclad Tactics is technically a card game, but it doesn't match the gameplay style like Solforge and Hearthstone and Magic.
Do I like Faeria more than Hearthstone? I can't answer that yet. But I can say that I can easily shelve Hearthstone as another game I don't need to boot into Windows for. (Last time I booted Windows was 32 days ago.) Hearthstone is a good, fun game, but Faeria is also fun, to the extent that I don't think I'll miss Hearthstone.
Mountain Man Oct 22, 2016
Quoting: 14I can easily shelve Hearthstone as another game I don't need to boot into Windows for.
Hearthstone runs really well in Wine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.