Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[DONE] RSS: Tags should be specified as category elements
talklittle Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for supporting RSS! Suggestion: Instead of putting the tags directly in the RSS item description, you can use separate <category> elements. See https://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/rss2.html#ltcategorygtSubelementOfLtitemgt

For example, instead of:

<description><![CDATA[Tags:Steam,FPS,Coming Soon,Action<br /> ... </description>

You can do:

<category domain="">Steam</category>
<category domain="">FPS</category>
<category domain="">Coming Soon</category>
<category domain="">Action</category>
talklittle Sep 2, 2016
I forgot to mention why this is a good idea. It's a standard way of tagging in RSS, so RSS reader software can parse, display, and filter tags straightforwardly. Thanks for considering.
Liam Dawe Sep 4, 2016
Sorry I haven't got to this yet, I have noted it and will be looking it up.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.