Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 2: current performance?
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 23, 2018
Quoting: GuestI dont recommend using a rolling distro just to get newer Mesa. Mesa can and does break, and with a rolling distro you are stuck with it.

Not necessarily. I'm not using system Mesa for most games, see link above. But most of the time things work with system Mesa anyway, so rolling distro takes care to update it seamlessly, unlike Ubuntu which requires jumping through hoops to have Mesa up to date.
tuubi Mar 23, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: GuestI dont recommend using a rolling distro just to get newer Mesa. Mesa can and does break, and with a rolling distro you are stuck with it.

Not necessarily. I'm not using system Mesa for most games, see link above. But most of the time things work with system Mesa anyway, so rolling distro takes care to update it seamlessly, unlike Ubuntu which requires jumping through hoops to have Mesa up to date.
Adding a PPA is a single command. Or a minute of puttering around in the update manager for those who are allergic to terminals. Hardly jumping through hoops.

There are valid reasons to run a rolling distro (as if reasons are needed if that's what you want to do), but purely for gaming you're likely better off running a distro that games officially support.

I'm not trying to start a debate here. I'm trying to point out that telling someone he's using the wrong distro is rarely helpful.
Leopard Mar 24, 2018
Gtx 1050 4 gb , i7 7700 HQ

renderer: OGL 3.2
Everything is set to high settings , not ultra.

Mostly 60 fps.
Appelsin Apr 3, 2018
Updated to Mesa 18.1 via the Padoka PPA, and let's just say it was quite a lot better! :D
Still says OpenGL 3.1 though. Is this something I ought to update as well? And if so, how?

(And, does anyone know if mods work with the Linux version?)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.