DIRT 3: Complete Edition for free
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
wojtek88 Nov 11, 2016
Hey guys, hurry up! DIRT 3: Complete Edition is for free on Humble Store. You can get it here today and tomorrow:
Humble store
I've played the game on Wine and finished it without a single issue with controller support so I can totally recommend it.
m2mg2 Nov 11, 2016
I got it. But I felt so dirty getting a Windows only game as it will count as a Windows sale. Hoping at some point it will release for Linux. It will sit in my library unplayed until then. I probably should have left it as I don't see any sign it will be ported.
wojtek88 Nov 11, 2016
If you feel bad, you can always donate your money on copy of DIRT: Showdown - it is also Codemasters game, fun (but not as fun as DIRT 3: Complete Edition in my opinion) and it is a Linux game. Plus you will support Virtual Programming. If you already owe it - just give the key to a guy that will play it on Linux. If you don't know one - give it to someone from this page. This way you will support Linux gaming.

And still, DIRT 3 is really worth to play and for now it doesn't look like it is going to be shipped to us. And for me it would be even fine if it would be shipped as Wine wrapped version, but I know it won't happen.
leillo1975 Nov 11, 2016
Quoting: wojtek88Hey guys, hurry up! DIRT 3: Complete Edition is for free on Humble Store. You can get it here today and tomorrow:
Humble store
I've played the game on Wine and finished it without a single issue with controller support so I can totally recommend it.

I can run the game with Playonlinux perfectly, but I don't have idea to configure Steam Controller to work with wine.

I try with sc-controller emulating XBOX360 and x360ce inside the game directory, but the Steam controller mistake the buttons. The left pad works well, but A button is B in Steam Controller and the triggers don't work like pedals. I tried to reconfigure the buttons in game, but is impossible.
manero666 Nov 11, 2016
"Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product"

I f0cking love the game (aside for the ken block stuff), I hope they're going to give away some other keys :'(
m2mg2 Nov 11, 2016
Quoting: wojtek88If you feel bad, you can always donate your money on copy of DIRT: Showdown - it is also Codemasters game, fun (but not as fun as DIRT 3: Complete Edition in my opinion) and it is a Linux game. Plus you will support Virtual Programming. If you already owe it - just give the key to a guy that will play it on Linux. If you don't know one - give it to someone from this page. This way you will support Linux gaming.

And still, DIRT 3 is really worth to play and for now it doesn't look like it is going to be shipped to us. And for me it would be even fine if it would be shipped as Wine wrapped version, but I know it won't happen.

I already own Dirt Showdown and I would buy again and donate but there are so many good games available and coming to Linux I don't want to buy one I already have. I own all the VP ports, including Arma III which they are still working on. I may buy Warhammer 40,000 or Tyranny. I'll keep buying Linux ports, that's for sure. The part I'm the most sad about is that it will boost Windows numbers.
m2mg2 Nov 11, 2016
I made a stupid miss post
leillo1975 Nov 12, 2016
Finally, I can use my Steam Controller in Wine with Dirt3. I found this post on Reddit and now the triggers and buttons works well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wine_gaming/comments/3sx3w4/how_to_dirt_3_with_xbox_360xbox_one_controller/

Ahhh, I also use sc-controller emulating XBOX360 pad

I found problems If i execute the game in desktop (I have to emulate virtual desktop). Someone knows how fix this issue?

UPDATE: After play this game about 2 hours, I only have to say that It's very, very necessary that "Dirt Rally" will be ported to Linux/SteamOS. Dirt 3 it's an excellent game, with a lot of fun, and probably "Dirt Rally" is a better and updated game. I'm a Racing Games fan, and "Dirt Rally" is an instant-buy/must-have to me.
tuubi Nov 12, 2016
Quoting: leillo1975UPDATE: After play this game about 2 hours, I only have to say that It's very, very necessary that "Dirt Rally" will be ported to Linux/SteamOS. Dirt 3 it's an excellent game, with a lot of fun, and probably "Dirt Rally" is a better and updated game. I'm a Racing Games fan, and "Dirt Rally" is an instant-buy/must-have to me.
Dirt Rally, as the name suggests is all about rally. No gymkhana or drifting or whatever, just pure rally driving in its various forms with a slightly more realistic touch. I'd love to play it on linux, but despite some hints earlier I'm not super optimistic.
manero666 Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: tuubiI'd love to play it on linux, but despite some hints earlier I'm not super optimistic.

Well, the Depots on steamdb.info looks very promising..
tuubi Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: manero666
Quoting: tuubiI'd love to play it on linux, but despite some hints earlier I'm not super optimistic.

Well, the Depots on steamdb.info looks very promising..
They do, but they haven't changed in eight months. Hope the port is just delayed and not completely abandoned.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.