You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DIRT 3: Complete Edition for free
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Nel Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: tuubiThey do, but they haven't changed in eight months. Hope the port is just delayed and not completely abandoned.
Huh?!
domesticated_submission  Codemasters Approval  1428916  13 days ago
For me, this means Feral is in the home straight -> Soon™©®
tuubi Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: Nel
Quoting: tuubiThey do, but they haven't changed in eight months. Hope the port is just delayed and not completely abandoned.
Huh?!
domesticated_submission  Codemasters Approval  1428916  13 days ago
For me, this means Feral is in the home straight -> Soon™©®
Ah. My bad. Glad I was wrong. :)

EDIT: Now if only Feral would bring their Mac port of Dirt 3 to Linux as well. Dirt Rally seems awesome, but this older title is still a good arcadey racer, and also well worth playing. Fat chance, I know. VP to the rescue, or is this even feasible when Feral already holds publishing rights to the Mac port?
m2mg2 Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: leillo1975UPDATE: After play this game about 2 hours, I only have to say that It's very, very necessary that "Dirt Rally" will be ported to Linux/SteamOS. Dirt 3 it's an excellent game, with a lot of fun, and probably "Dirt Rally" is a better and updated game. I'm a Racing Games fan, and "Dirt Rally" is an instant-buy/must-have to me.
Dirt Rally, as the name suggests is all about rally. No gymkhana or drifting or whatever, just pure rally driving in its various forms with a slightly more realistic touch. I'd love to play it on linux, but despite some hints earlier I'm not super optimistic.

I'm pretty sure this is another game that is pretty much ready, but Feral seem to want to keep releases spaced out. Even though Depth Charge is sooner on the radar I think Dirt Rally and Total War: Warhammer will both release very soon.
Redface Nov 13, 2016
Quoting: tuubiEDIT: Now if only Feral would bring their Mac port of Dirt 3 to Linux as well. Dirt Rally seems awesome, but this older title is still a good arcadey racer, and also well worth playing. Fat chance, I know. VP to the rescue, or is this even feasible when Feral already holds publishing rights to the Mac port?
I do not think any of the porting companies are going to port and publish Dirt 3 for Linux now after Humble gave it away for free this weekend.
BlackBloodRum Nov 16, 2016
Quoting: RedfaceI do not think any of the porting companies are going to port and publish Dirt 3 for Linux now after Humble gave it away for free this weekend.
Possible. I'm willing to bet they are a bit red faced about that one,
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.