You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Favourite Linux IDE?
uriil commented on 21 February 2017 at 10:49 pm UTC

I use Visual Studio Code

nattydread commented on 7 March 2017 at 12:44 pm UTC

I use code::blocks, QtCreator and eclipse (but always an older version as they are more stable). Code::blocks is not really suitable for really large projects as the indexing grinds to a halt.

mas886 commented on 16 March 2017 at 4:43 pm UTC

NetBeans for me, my favourite by the code I use to write (PHP and Java), but when using C I loved QT creator.

jaycee commented on 16 May 2017 at 11:41 am UTC

I evaluated a few things for use at VP, and we went with Code::Blocks. We used the PPA ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-stable because the version Ubuntu usually ships is old and has bugs.

I've since started using it for personal projects, Atmel AVR etc too

anastiel commented on 10 August 2017 at 3:45 pm UTC

i use geany

wojtek88 commented on 10 August 2017 at 7:29 pm UTC

IntelliJ IDEA. There has never been better IDE for Java and I doubt there will be soon.

Gonza565 commented on 11 August 2017 at 12:26 pm UTC

I love QtCreator for C++

peta77 commented on 12 August 2017 at 9:11 pm UTC

mainly working with emacs (plus some extension scripts)... it's still the fastest and most versatile way to write and edit code for me; especially if you also work on the documentation, configuration, scripts, ... other IDEs are too focused on a single language and totally ignore that there's a lot more than some source-code files to create and maintain a program..

sometimes using Qt-creator (mainly when doing stuff for android)....

for simple single file "projects" vim or mousepad.

Duke Takeshi commented on 18 August 2017 at 9:32 pm UTC

Eclipse all the way

silmeth commented on 23 August 2017 at 7:26 pm UTC

IntelliJ Idea and Pycharm – at work and at home for Java, Kotlin, Rust and Python. Haven’t ever used a better IDE (though, it has limited features outside of JVM world, eg. no debugging for Rust).

Beside it I normally use two editors:

vim – for simple text editing, mostly changing some config files.

Kate – if I’m forced to do some changes to some bigger shell or js codebase.

And I used to use Code::Blocks back at the university for C and C++ projects – but never really did anything big in them, requiring more complex refactoring, so not sure if I’d recommend it now as a full-blown IDE. It’s simple, and works well for smaller things.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook