You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Discussion about featuring classic games that can be run on Linux
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
km3k Dec 8, 2016
I'm not going to get a chance to take the time to dive into Neverwinter as it deserves, so I'll start with something else instead.
Ray54 Dec 8, 2016
I like to play many older games that I originally bought for Windows 95/98 on Linux, but some of my collection I have never got working under 64bit Linux, so I would like to see your articles. However, to provide information on getting games working that are not covered by existing well-known web sites, like the ScummVM site and the Play on Linux site, will be difficult. One particular aspect I think you could cover is that many existing solutions seem to be for 32bit Linux, but as per Liam's recent stats almost all the people on this site now use 64bit Linux.
km3k Dec 8, 2016
My initial articles will likely be "well-known" solutions. The aim of the articles is more to feature combinations of games and solutions people might not be aware of. I want these articles to use solutions that are cross-distribution and cross-architecture as much as possible, as well as not being overly cumbersome to use. One of the reasons I'm holding off on Neverwinter Nights for now is that most of the solutions are Debian/Ubuntu-specific. Could I get it working elsewhere? Yep. But I'm not interested in inventing my own solutions at this point. I'd like the articles to get some momentum first. That said, I will cover potential pitfalls and previous difficulties that are faced with these games where applicable.

Edit: If anyone has suggestions for games to feature, I can consider them for future articles.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.