You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Dark theme Improvements wanted!
Xpander commented on 19 January 2017 at 8:58 pm UTC

cheers

looks good so far

liamdawe commented on 20 January 2017 at 12:22 pm UTC

I've also just added a dark version of the default avatar, so it's not so glaring on the dark theme

stan commented on 20 January 2017 at 2:23 pm UTC

liamdawe"Yeah whatever" is not a helpful comment.

If you want me to do something, be constructive about it.
What I meant is that I understood you can’t be expected to make the site work with all the custom CSS skins and addons out there so I would stop bothering you. That wasn’t meant as criticism.

That said here’s a screenshot to explain the issue. This is with the bright theme obviously, since I’m not a "supporter".

First the normal rendering:

Then with Stylish and the Midnight surfing CSS style:

Looks like the Midnight surfing CSS style doesn’t handle that specific way of changing the background color and leaves the original light grey instead of changing it to dark grey, so the text is quite hard to read. Unfortunately it’s the best dark style I have found and I’m no CSS expert. But as I said, don’t bother. I’ll try to fix it myself.

liamdawe commented on 20 January 2017 at 3:51 pm UTC

I'm actually re-doing the pagination at the moment to not look so crap. Please hold on, should have it done by the end of tonight. I'm hoping it will look better for you too then

Xpander commented on 20 January 2017 at 5:19 pm UTC

stanLooks like the Midnight surfing CSS style doesn’t handle that specific way of changing the background color and leaves the original light grey instead of changing it to dark grey, so the text is quite hard to read. Unfortunately it’s the best dark style I have found and I’m no CSS expert. But as I said, don’t bother. I’ll try to fix it myself.

have you checked those: https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/gamingonlinux

someone has made a dark theme for this site.

stan commented on 20 January 2017 at 6:05 pm UTC

liamdaweI'm actually re-doing the pagination at the moment to not look so crap. Please hold on, should have it done by the end of tonight. I'm hoping it will look better for you too then
Cool .
Xpanderhave you checked those: https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/gamingonlinux

someone has made a dark theme for this site.
Yep, tried all of them and none are dark themes. There are still huge white areas (the input text box, at least).

liamdawe commented on 20 January 2017 at 7:59 pm UTC

The newer pagination style is now up, and I made sure it has a working dark theme version right away. It looks slicker and not as plain.

Let me know if it's any better your end stan.

stan commented on 20 January 2017 at 8:17 pm UTC

Yep, no background color issue now! Thanks!

liamdawe commented on 20 January 2017 at 8:18 pm UTC

stanYep, no background color issue now! Thanks!
Fantastic news, pleased it fixed the original crap style and your issues too, double win!

liamdawe commented on 22 January 2017 at 10:30 pm UTC

More improvements done today for you, fixed up pre-inputs on forms to not have a really bright part on them. You will mainly see it on the homepage of the UserCP.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - the final attempt?
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: "Dragon Age Origins" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook