Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
My remake of an older game
Smilex Jan 1, 2017
Hey,

these past few weeks I've been developing a game as a challenge to myself, to try and finish development on the stuff I make. The game is a remake of an older game that I played on a friend's computer, and I deliberately decided not to look up exactly how the game works, but instead go from my memory. The game isn't very complicated, so there's not much to get wrong.

There's no real end to projects like this. There's always something to add, and something to polish. I have decided to stop with the project because I have no enthusiasm for it anymore, and I have been developing slowly for a few days after losing that enthusiasm.

Work is not done now that I release it. I hope that few of you take the time to try it out, so that I can experience and learn the complications of making software work on several different computers and setups. If you do try the game, then first I'd like to thank you, but also I'd appreciate if you made a comment about your distro and if it worked or not.

Description. A building is on fire and the denizens are throwing their babies out of the windows for you to save. Use your trampoline to get them across to safety.

Dependencies. The only system dependencies are SDL2 and OpenAL.

A note about FOSS. I intend to bundle the entire source code into the tar ball once I'm done with this project. It's C code.

The Windows binaries were only tested with Wine.

This was only compiled for 64 bit

Link to downloads Zip Download | Bzip2 Download

EDIT 04/01/2017: Added screenshot. Added description. Described dependencies. Added a note about windows binaries. Fixed download link
EDIT 05/01/2017: Corrected edit notes to 2017 from 2016. Wrote a note about 64 bit.
EDIT 10/01/2017: Changed download links to https protocol
Cheeseness Jan 4, 2017
Working here on Fedora for me :)
qptain Nemo Jan 4, 2017
Works for me on Arch as well.
Smilex Jan 4, 2017
The tarball has been updated with some fixes, most notably it should handle multiple monitor refresh rates now. Also Windows binaries have been added.
Sslaxx Feb 5, 2017
I remember a similar game on the old Game and Watch things they released back in the 80s. Fun times!
wolfyrion Feb 5, 2017
working on Manjaro as well but needed to install physfs-2.0.3-2-x86_64

Kinda it reminded me the Firemen Handheld game :p

View video on youtube.com
JessieWalker May 2, 2017
Yeah the game works fine. Simply, intuitive and a lot of fun :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.