Most graphically intensive game in Linux?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
AlveKatt Mar 20, 2017
Graphics doesn't equal immersion. I have been playing Descent 3 through Wine. I love it. Graphics in that are very, very old.

The Overload Demo looks awesome. But the level available in the demo isn't exactly full of eye candy. It's some rooms, rock caverns and robots. The caverns do look very rocky though. Scraggly, no sense of it being made of polygons at all. Awesome lighting I think.
Mountain Man Mar 20, 2017
Mad Max is a great looking game, and a good performer, although it doesn't have the lush foliage that the OP is looking for.
Mountain Man Mar 20, 2017
Quoting: AlveKattGraphics doesn't equal immersion. I have been playing Descent 3 through Wine. I love it. Graphics in that are very, very old.
It's a simple fact that good gameplay never becomes obsolete. That's why games I played in high school on a Commodore 64 are just as fun today as they were 30-years ago even though they are technologically archaic by today's standards.
Eike Mar 27, 2017
Quoting: Mountain ManIt's a simple fact that good gameplay never becomes obsolete. That's why games I played in high school on a Commodore 64 are just as fun today as they were 30-years ago even though they are technologically archaic by today's standards.

Not the topic of this thread, but I experienced the oppostite. Only very few games live up to the sweet memories.
neowiz73 Mar 28, 2017
Quoting: knroToday I tried the Ark survival game and it was pretty nice graphics-wise, the textures and everything looks super sharp.

same here, I just noticed there are some different "beta" versions available, experimental and newrendering options.
I played around with using a -vulkan option on the newrendering beta and noticed a 15 to 20% increase in FPS. not sure if it is using vulkan though because I don't get any sort of information in terminal like I do with Unreal Tournament. which UT is using Vulkan now and it has the driver in the terminal information.

it's nice to see most of the effects and shaders working better though, night time is actually dark for a change. but no overlay on the map yet, but I guess that's a bonus feature on linux :) I can run the game on max quality (epic plus most options except tessellation and motion blur.) getting around 60 to 80 fps. using the nvidia 378.13 drivers.
ziabice Mar 29, 2017
Take a look at Dreamfall Chapters: it uses the latest Unity3d engine, has lots of lights and effects
Joeyboots80 Apr 1, 2017
Arma 3. The new Hitman has nice visuals, oh and I think Dirt Rally looks brilliant. :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.