You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Mesa-AMD Intel hybrid graphics
Leopard Mar 21, 2017
Hi guys.We've installed Linux Mint 18.1 on my friends laptop which has AMD R5 M330 and Intel HD Graphics.

But we get low fps on Dota2 and we saw (thanks to terminal) game is opening with Intel HD.

So i searched and we could get good performance with adding this to game launch option.

DRI_PRIME=1 %command%

My question is,is Mesa will never have this auto switch feature or not? I mean,is there a possibilty about that or not?
tuxintuxedo Mar 21, 2017
With this command, you started the game with the AMD card. Autoswitching is not a real option, as the system won't know for what programs you need more GPU performance. Only you know that. So it's not that it can't be implemented, just that it should be different for everyone.
You can also use the Mesa stable ppa for even better drivers.
Colombo Mar 21, 2017
You usually need to switch your card in bios. Likely, your friend was running on intel all that time.
tuxintuxedo Mar 21, 2017
Quoting: ColomboYou usually need to switch your card in bios. Likely, your friend was running on intel all that time.
That's only good if you want to use the dedicated one for a longer time, for a whole session.
crt0mega Jun 12, 2017
DRI_PRIME env var is the correct way for two GPUs handled by Mesa, maybe even .drirc but I haven't tried that one yet.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.