You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 30 January 2019 at 4:37 pm UTC

DoctorJunglistWell, when I once tried refunding on GOG, they only offered me store credit...

You can contact their support to double check this, but it should go to your payment source surely. If I remember correctly, they offer store credits in case of regional pricing offset compensation.

Shmerl commented on 1 February 2019 at 5:36 pm UTC

Latest amdvlk finally supports VK_EXT_transform_feedback, though it's still experimental and is hidden behind environment variable switch. To enable it, do:

export AMDVLK_ENABLE_DEVELOPING_EXT='VK_EXT_transform_feedback'

dxvk finds it in result!

info: VK_EXT_transform_feedback

Shmerl commented on 1 February 2019 at 5:42 pm UTC

The game doesn't work though, after trying load a save.

amatai commented on 2 February 2019 at 8:46 pm UTC

After last Steam update, I lost my savegame (I have to manualy copy them into a new The Witcher 3 folder) and the performance were divided by 4-5.

Shmerl commented on 3 February 2019 at 12:29 am UTC

amataiAfter last Steam update, I lost my savegame (I have to manualy copy them into a new The Witcher 3 folder) and the performance were divided by 4-5.

I didn't notice any regressions with GOG GOTY version (1.32). Kernel 5.0-rc4, Wine 4.0, latest Mesa master / llvm 9.0, dxvk master:

See if regular Wine / dxvk works for you. May be it's some problem with Proton?

thk_ms commented on 8 February 2019 at 1:48 pm UTC

Hello, everybody,

I use Linux Mint 18.3 on my PC and would like to take care of playing via Wine again. Unfortunately the beginning is (again) very difficult. Especially because there is welcome progress

But Wine, Dxvk, PlayonLinux,proton and Lutris; I can't get that together now. Is there a good, coherent tutorial somewhere? Best in writing?

Thank you very much, thk_ms

Ehvis commented on 8 February 2019 at 2:04 pm UTC

thk_msBut Wine, Dxvk, PlayonLinux,proton and Lutris; I can't get that together now. Is there a good, coherent tutorial somewhere? Best in writing?

I'm sure the first thing that will be asked by someone that can answer is: Steam or GOG? NVidia or AMD?

amatai commented on 9 February 2019 at 9:41 am UTC

Ok, seems that I have 4 to 5 times more performance with Proton 3.7 than 3.16 with steam play. I have nvidia 415.27 driver version.
Does anyone has the same performance drop? That makes the game almost unplayable for Proton 3.16 (can't do combat without crash) and very pleasant in Proton 3.7 (eyes not good enough to see any difference between 50FPS and 100).
Also the savegame are in ~/Documents/The Witcher 3 with Proton 3.16 and in ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/[Numbers]/pfx/drive_c/.../The Witcher 3 for Proton 3.7

Shmerl commented on 10 February 2019 at 1:35 am UTC

Do you also see performance drop in regular Wine+dxvk?

thk_ms commented on 10 February 2019 at 11:13 am UTC

EhvisI'm sure the first thing that will be asked by someone that can answer is: Steam or GOG? NVidia or AMD?

Hello and good morning,

thank you for answering. I have a Nvidia in my PC. I haven't a steam or GOG account. Yesterday I tried to install W3 with installationdisk by PlayonLinux. The two presquenziell-Videos and the config-part of W3 works. Loading the first gameparts doesn't.
After that I tried to import the game into Lutris but it doesn't work.

Thanks, thk_ms

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Sneaky Beaky: „Cold War“ (via SteamPlay)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts