You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 10 February 2019 at 4:56 pm UTC

thk_msI haven't a steam or GOG account. Yesterday I tried to install W3 with installationdisk by PlayonLinux.

If you bought TW3 on a disk, it's probably some outdated version. They provide a GOG key in such case, so open GOG account, get TW3 there using the key form the disk, and download that first. Then install it in Wine.

Shmerl commented on 22 February 2019 at 5:28 am UTC

Just tried new Mesa Vulkan HUD layer with TW3 / radv. The font is broken with Mesa master, and also doesn't show framerate. But at least we are getting somewhere with a general purpose Vulkan HUD!

skyrrd commented on 22 February 2019 at 5:39 am UTC

I thought the hud was written for Intels anv Vulkan driver and has to be customized to work with radv.

Shmerl commented on 22 February 2019 at 5:41 am UTC

skyrrdI thought the hud was written for Intels anv Vulkan driver and has to be customized to work with radv.

I suppose it needs some work to be usable with radv (as you can see it's not rendering fonts properly), however it's implemented as a Vulkan layer, and therefore can be loaded with any Vulkan driver.

After building Mesa master, it produced libVkLayer_MESA_overlay.so and libVkLayer_MESA_overlay.json. I added this to my hud script, which I already use for GALLIUM_HUD:

export VK_LAYER_PATH=/opt/mesa-master/share/vulkan/explicit_layer.d export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/mesa-master/share/vulkan/explicit_layer.d export VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay VK_LAYER_MESA_OVERLAY_STATS=submit,draw,pipeline-graphics

It kind of "works" with radv. For older Mesa fonts work better:

I suppose it wasn't tested with radv much, so stats can be focused on anv now.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPM Flow: „StarCrawlers“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts