Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «45/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Nov 22, 2017
Freeze was fixed only recently, so it's not in 2.20. The extra patch fixes invisible surfaces around underground areas, but invisible / messed up monsters is a separate issue. I still get the later.

When I'll have time, I'll try to narrow down the change in Mesa that caused performance regression and flickering.
devland Nov 22, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlJózef also made a patch that fixes invisible surfaces (bug #43131.

This is good news! That was the thing that annoyed me the most in the past versions of wine.

Any idea in which version of wine-staging it will get added?
Shmerl Nov 22, 2017
Quoting: devlandAny idea in which version of wine-staging it will get added?

No idea, it's just a manual patch for now. Whether it will go in staging, or in Wine master itself is something developers will decide. It may remain such manual patch for the time being.
beko Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl20-30 fps, flickering
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.18.0 / 4.13.0-1-amd64, LLVM 5.0.0)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-386f6cd041)

So Mesa is almost on par with NVIDIA again? ;)
Ehvis Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: bekoSo Mesa is almost on par with NVIDIA again? ;)

It is not impossible that Mesa implemented recently that nvidia drivers already had. Maybe Shmerl will figure out exactly what patch caused it and make a Mesa-tw3 build.
kaiman Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlIt may remain such manual patch for the time being.
At least it works as advertised. Applied it against wine-2.21 before the few remaining staging patches and the invisible areas of ground are gone. Would be interesting to know if it also fixes the invisible enemies, or if that's an entirely different issue.

At any rate, I'm now well into Blood and Wine, so the fun will be over all too soon :-(.
beko Nov 23, 2017
Shmerl quick to aid! Movement on #43872 (invisible monsters) by J. Kucia :D
Shmerl Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: kaimanWould be interesting to know if it also fixes the invisible enemies, or if that's an entirely different issue.

It's a different issue and that patch doesn't fix it.
Shmerl Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: bekoMovement on #43872 (invisible monsters) by J. Kucia :D

Yeah, that's one of the major remaining issues (besides performance of course). As Józef wrote:

QuoteThe bug is caused by two issues:
* wined3d doesn't support draw calls with no attachments,
* wined3d tries to map transform feedback buffers while transform feedback is paused.
I should have a fix soon.
Shmerl Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: EhvisMaybe Shmerl will figure out exactly what patch caused it and make a Mesa-tw3 build.

I'll try to isolate what causes that drop and flickering and will file a Mesa bug.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.