Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «59/178»
  Go to:
hilpara Dec 23, 2017
Quoting: hilparaReading the bug description, I still don’t know what to do. It seams that it happens only sometimes and it‘s quite rare. I‘ll try to make a new prefix and hope that it helps.

So I finally had time to check again tw3. This bug still annoys me. If I use dumbxinputemu to get my gamepad to work and override from winecfg the xinput1_3.dll the witcher won't start complaining err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection....
If I don't override the dll tw3 starts normally. I have also tried different wine versions and it always "crashes" if I override it.
skyrrd Dec 23, 2017
If i recall correctly this happens when you copy the 32bit ddls to the x64 bin directory. Make sure you copy the 64-bit dlls ("file xinput1_3.dll" should tell if its the right one.

Not sure if needed here but did you try to copy and override the other xinput dlls as well?
Shmerl Dec 24, 2017
I added the corrected comment about Vega to the freeze bugs.
Shmerl Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: CyrilSo it's the Nvidia's fault here and no workarounds ?

I suppose part of the problem is in Nvidia blob, but they aren't likely to care about it. But you are free to file the bug to them of course. Unlike Mesa bugs, this process is not public, so you'll never know what they are doing about it, until they'll decide to answer to you if ever.

See here: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/522835/linux/if-you-have-a-problem-please-read-this-first/
Ehvis Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlI suppose part of the problem is in Nvidia blob, but they aren't likely to care about it.

A bit of a curious conclusion seeing that a piece of experimental code is literally the only thing that has problems.
Shmerl Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: EhvisA bit of a curious conclusion seeing that a piece of experimental code is literally the only thing that has problems.

I wouldn't call Wine experimental code. But normally Nvidia care about some big native titles, not about Wine gaming.
hilpara Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: skyrrdIf i recall correctly this happens when you copy the 32bit ddls to the x64 bin directory. Make sure you copy the 64-bit dlls ("file xinput1_3.dll" should tell if its the right one.

Not sure if needed here but did you try to copy and override the other xinput dlls as well?

Yes I have the 64-bit dlls (xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0_dll). This used to work with lutris but not if I launch the game from commandline. Actually xinput9_1_0.dll is not needed and doesn't make a difference. And the same xinput1_3.dll works fine with fallout 4.
skyrrd Dec 24, 2017
got some issue here patching wine. I'm almost sure it's an easy fix but lack the time and concentration right now to pin it down.

sh ~/wine-dirs/wine-staging/patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=~/wine-dirs/wine-source/ wined3d-buffer_create
WARNING: Skipping generation of patchlist because 'Staging' patchset is disabled.
Applying /home/thomas/wine-dirs/wine-staging/patches/wined3d-buffer_create/0001-wined3d-Do-not-pin-large-buffers.patch
error: Anwendung des Patches fehlgeschlagen: dlls/wined3d/buffer.c:1455
error: dlls/wined3d/buffer.c: Patch konnte nicht angewendet werden
ERROR: Failed to apply patch, aborting!
Shmerl Dec 24, 2017
Quoting: skyrrdgot some issue here patching wine. I'm almost sure it's an easy fix but lack the time and concentration right now to pin it down.

Applies fine for me. Make sure your wine source isn't mangled in any way before applying the patch.

Assuming, you used git clone to get the Wine source, go to the source directory, and do this:

git reset --hard HEAD
git clean -df
git checkout master
git pull

Then try applying the patch again. I also recommend running the script from the staging patches directory. May be running it from elsewhere causes a problem.
skyrrd Dec 24, 2017
Thanks that did the trick. Even when i can't tell what was the culprit here.

All i did was cloning the sources and then applying the patches (also tried running from patches directory)

Only wined3d-buffer_create or are there any other important patches at the moment?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.