Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «72/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 6, 2018
They should rebase PBA on Wine master first. I don't think staging is needed for TW3 at all at this point.
kaiman Mar 6, 2018
Quoting: andda715Hi,

When testing I definitely recommend to apply both the buffer patch and the swapchain fix.

buffer patch
swapchain fix
Out of curiosity, I tried Wine 3.3 with the two patches and compared against the vanilla version.

Around 20 FPS with the patches, 60% GPU utilization. That's comparable to what I had with the old buffers patch from staging.
Around 10 FPS and 40% GPU utilization with vanilla Wine 3.3, which is already 10 times better than 2.x without the buffers patch :-).

Didn't try the patches separately, so cannot say which of the two had the bigger impact.
kaiman Mar 6, 2018
Quoting: chinaphone-oneI noticed recently an "FPS triangle" between Lucian's Windmill, Drahim Castle and Ursten where GPU usage and FPS higher.
The one spot with the highest FPS I remember was the peninsula south of Duen Hen. I always put it down to the fact that it's a fairly deserted place (though with quite a bit of vegetation).
Shmerl Mar 7, 2018
Does anyone with AMD still experience freezes with the latest Wine master? The patch for invisible monsters was merged, so number of freeze encounters should be bigger now.
TheRiddick Mar 7, 2018
[quote=kaiman]
Quoting: andda715Around 20 FPS with the patches, 60% GPU utilization. That's comparable to what I had with the old buffers patch from staging.

20fps is respectable with a GTX950, assuming that's 1080p at medium or something?¿

Here is the windows perf for high settings for comparison, hopefully wine can get close some day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL0Vwukx_6Q
YoRHa-2B Mar 7, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlDoes anyone with AMD still experience freezes with the latest Wine master? The patch for invisible monsters was merged, so number of freeze encounters should be bigger now.
This has probably been asked before, but is there a good spot in the game where this can be reproduced?

I'm asking for two reasons, a) in order to actually test it, and b) because it may actually be a somewhat valid test case for D3D11 stream output.

Spoiler, click me

That said, DXVK is finally starting to render something meaningful, although lighting is still all over the place and stream output is missing entirely:
[
Shmerl Mar 7, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BThis has probably been asked before, but is there a good spot in the game where this can be reproduced?

I'm asking for two reasons, a) in order to actually test it, and b) because it may actually be a somewhat valid test case for D3D11 stream output.

See save attachments to these bugs:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104193
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43872

Pick one with rotfiends, it's the fastest way to test it. You possibly need to fight them a few times before it happens.

Quoting: YoRHa-2BThat said, DXVK is finally starting to render something meaningful, although lighting is still all over the place and stream output is missing entirely:
[

Very cool! I was actually planning to set up a build for dxvk to give TW3 a try in it, but didn't get to it yet. So the best method now is using wine-vulkan branch? Does it also require setting up Vulkan SDK or not?

And instructions for building are somewhat confusing. How exactly is Wine used during build, does it require Wine source to be present, or binary Wine to be installed?
qptain Nemo Mar 7, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2B
Spoiler, click me

That said, DXVK is finally starting to render something meaningful, although lighting is still all over the place and stream output is missing entirely:
[
I just love that that screenshot says "Wine wars".
Shmerl Mar 7, 2018
Quoting: qptain NemoI just love that that screenshot says "Wine wars".

Heh, must be somewhere from Blood and Wine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.