Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Steam via PlayOnLinux. Uninstall = crash
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Tchey May 30, 2017
Hello,

I use PlayOnLinux sometimes, and i've Steam with it.

It works fine, but whenever i wat to uninstall a game, Steam crash with a PoL "sorry blah blah". So, i cannot remove games... When i delete them from the folder, by hand, and i launch Steam PoL again, Steam tries to reDL the game. The only "solution" i've found is to pause update.

It's like this since always i think, but now i try to save some space on my harddrive, i ask about it...

Any idea ?

Linux Mint 64bits XFCE.
Lakorta May 30, 2017
Use the debugger and tell us what it says (Tools -> PlayOnLinux Debugger and choose your virtual drive))
Tchey May 30, 2017
Hi, thanks,

This is the log : http://pastebin.com/raw/gHNc5hzg
manero666 Jun 3, 2017
looks like you're missing something:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier dep11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier dep11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichierp11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichiererr:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

try search for "p11-kit" and install it, this could fix your issue.
Tchey Jun 3, 2017
Thanks, i already did that and it seems already installed and well. No update or anything, when i try

sudo apt-get install p11-kit

all is fine
psy-q Jun 4, 2017
Not that it helps, but I'm having the same issue and it's been this way for several weeks. It used to work, so I think it's something that changed in Steam.
psy-q Jun 4, 2017
I found a workaround. Instead of using the main dropdown menu, right click the game, go to "Properties" and uninstall from that window.
Tchey Jun 4, 2017
Hm, same crash for me, from any Uninstall options i've found.
psy-q Jun 4, 2017
Hm, weird, you're right. I managed to uninstall one game but not the other. I can't reproduce this anymore, not even small games will uninstall right now.
manero666 Jun 4, 2017
works fine for me with this Wine 2.9, but it has a steam hack to get the store to work
psy-q Jun 9, 2017
As far as I see, the steam.patch included there only disables CEF sandboxing, but that doesn't seem to make any difference here. I have it disabled with the -no-cef-sandbox option for Steam, but it still crashes on any uninstall attempt.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.