Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «16/17»
  Go to:
matou68 31 Oct, 2018

The Bronx workaround works fine. The performance is good here with Ubuntu 18.10 /RX480 LLVM7/Mesa 18.2.2

Bronx 31 Oct, 2018

Hi sorry, here's the copypasta that should be cross distro.
I just replaced dkpg-deb with ar and tar commands, please correct me if there's a better way.
-Oh yeah and if you don't have wget installed you can just download the .deb with your browser and run the rest of the commands from the Downloads folder where the .deb is located.

wget http://repo.steampowered.com/steamos/pool/main/m/mesa/libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb
ar x libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb data.tar.xz
mkdir libgl1-mesa-glx
tar -xf data.tar.xz -C libgl1-mesa-glx
mv libgl1-mesa-glx/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2.0 ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Dying\ Light/libGL.so.1
rm -R libgl1-mesa-glx data.tar.xz libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb

Be to sure to alter the mv command (5th line) to point to your steamapps/common/Dying Light location if it's different from the default (~home/steam).

libGL.so.1.2.0 only fixes the "Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault)" crash after the first loading bar.
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Dying Light/DW/out/logs/crash*.log
You'll still need the Mesa GL Version Override Launch option if you're not running Mesa 18.2+.

devland 1 Nov, 2018

Thanks for this. I'll make sure to test it tonight and get back with feedback. It would be great if we could run the game natively with decent performance. :)

Later edit: Yup. It works. :D

benjusmaximus 2 Nov, 2018

I simplified the process and uploaded the specific file you need so all people have to do it's just extract this file into the dying light folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WC9pDLgY-pC8M9c8Pl8ft-6dx1PBfk7m

Lolo01 13 Jan, 2019

Quoting: benjusmaximusI simplified the process and uploaded the specific file you need so all people have to do it's just extract this file into the dying light folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WC9pDLgY-pC8M9c8Pl8ft-6dx1PBfk7m

Thanks !

storma 19 Jan, 2019

This fix works on Arch! Cheers.

Zuul 21 Jan, 2019

Quoting: GuestDying Light works without problem on Linux through Steam Play.
How do you start it through Steam Play?

edit: jfc...nevermind. Somehow I wasn't in the steam beta :/

apprentix 29 Jan, 2019

The Bronx workaround works for Dead Island Definitive Edition as well.

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Radeon RX Vega 56
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5
LLVM 7.0.0
Mesa 18.2.8

mylka 18 Feb, 2019

also works for me on DIDE
i have DIDE riptide installed with proton

both games use the same engine. performance seems also the same, native and proton
only thing i noticed is, that the GPU fan spins around 2700rpm on native and 2100rpm on proton

cement_head 25 Mar, 2019

Hi,

This fix does not work for me, using 18.04 LTS Intel i7 8565U and the Intel HD Graphics (3x8 Whisky Lake GT2). It just hangs the entire X11 environment and requires a hard reset. If I remove the file suggested by @Bronx, DY crashes as soon a the white progress bar completes. I am using the X-SWAT PPA and the <MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%> in the "Set Game Launch Options"

I've filed a ticket and sent them all the relevant files.

/CH

------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I fixed it. I downloaded and compiled this shim: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107990#c8
Also, is an explanation why the MESA causes the game to fail on launch.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.