You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Dark Souls II - SotFS in Wine?
robvv Jun 9, 2017
Hi all,

Having just received this game as part of the latest Humble Bundle, I'd like to try and play it in Wine.

Using wine-staging 2.9 I've managed to get the game to start, but as soon as I start a new game and press 'A' on the brightness selection screen the game crashes with an 'R6025' error.

Has anyone managed to get the game beyond this point and, if so, could they please detail their wine configuration?

Cheers!
robvv Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

I have a nvidia card with binary blob installed. Do I need to install directX through winetricks or should I just leave the install vanilla?
robvv Jun 10, 2017
Got it working now! I noticed that you had a version of wine with Gallium 9, so I found an equivalent version for my openSUSE install and now the game fires up perfectly.

Many thanks for your help with this.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.