Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Transport Fever performances
Creak Jun 23, 2017
Hi!

Does someone have Transport Fever in his/her library?
I'd like to buy it, but I've heard that the performances weren't really good, at least when the game was released. There's been a few patches since then, so maybe the performances are correct now?

I have an AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, a Radeon RX 480 and 16 GB of RAM, and I'm using the open source drivers for the GPU.
Ehvis Jun 23, 2017
In my experience, performance was never really bad. However, this thing is pretty hard on the cpu, so having good single core performance is probably a must. Especially later in the game when the simulation starts taking quite a bit of load.
Creak Jun 23, 2017
It isn't well multi-threaded? When you play it, do all your cores get to 100%?
Ehvis Jun 23, 2017
No, multithreading is not good. As with most games, it has one main thread that holds it back.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.