You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
flatpaked steam won't show drive root
Koopacabras Jun 24, 2017
I usually install my games on a separate hard drive, as flatpak is a sandbox it won't show the drive root. Linking doesn't seem to work. For me it's useless if I cannot use custom install folders. I can't find a solution.
Koopacabras Jun 24, 2017
Quoting: GuestI don’t know anything about flatpak but you probably have to edit Steam’s flatpak config to allow access to the directory where you want to install the games. Or you can try a bind mount.

ok thanks for the answer. Mount bind works but steam doesn't like it . I'll try editing the config .
Koopacabras Aug 29, 2017
It was as easy a running flatpak run --filesystem=/sdax com.valvesoftware.Steam/x86_64/stable

(replace /sdax with the directory you want to add, you can use the argument multiple times)

sorry, I've left behind flatpak for some time.

Now I'm missing the final touch and that's that, mouse cursors are not correct they are different from KDE.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.