PS3 controller triggers work as buttons [SOLVED]
TheLinuxPlayer Jul 5, 2017
Hello.
I've been trying to get my DS3's triggers to be properly recognized as analog buttons so I can have more control when playing racing games. The ones I have are Rocket League, Dirt Showdown and GRID Autosport and have had no success in any of them. The thing is that using jstest-gtk it recognises all buttons perfectly with their analog function.
Somewhere on reddit I've read that all Feral ported games should work out of the box so GRID should (Dirt too?) be working.
Do you have any idea of a solution?
I'm running Arch 64 bit.

Thanks in advance
Thanks stan. I'll give it a try. It's just a little weird considering it's recognised out of the box; it even says in the Arch Wiki that DS3 and 4 should work just fine.
Yep. xboxdrv solved my problem. It's just weird for this not to work out of the box.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.