Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Company of Heroes 2 - INSANE LAG
razing32 Jul 29, 2017
Ok

So I try to play CoH 2 quick skirmish versus AI.
The performance is beyond pathetic. I can't understand why as most settings are disabled and qulity is set to medium.

Taking a queue from the Windows folks I removed write permission from my playback folder and it did NOT do any good.

Any advice ? Anybody see this before ?
omer666 Jul 29, 2017
What is your GPU?
I know this game can be quite "laggy" at times. How does the campaign play?

As far as I am concerned, the game complains it can't connect to Relic servers on startup since upgrading to Fedora 26, is it also the case on Arch?
razing32 Jul 30, 2017
Nvidia GTX 770
driver : 381.22

Campaign was fine until i got the Ardenes DLC (heck whole game was) , after that campaign runs at 10 frames, per MINUTE

No messages about Relic servers. Menu works fine , loading a map/mission takes its sweet time , and then I get treated to a lag buffet.
omer666 Aug 27, 2017
Hi there, sorry for replying so late - I've been busy playing Dawn of War III lately.
I tried to play a skirmish on Company of Heroes 2 today and it played really fine, although I am running the nvidia 384.59 drivers. Considering our GPUs offer approximately the same performance, I think it might come from KDE...

[Edit] I just noticed you've got an AMD CPU, there has been reports of Feral ports playing badly on these... I don't know if CoH 2 is affected.
razing32 Aug 27, 2017
Quoting: omer666Hi there, sorry for replying so late - I've been busy playing Dawn of War III lately.
I tried to play a skirmish on Company of Heroes 2 today and it played really fine, although I am running the nvidia 384.59 drivers. Considering our GPUs offer approximately the same performance, I think it might come from KDE...

[Edit] I just noticed you've got an AMD CPU, there has been reports of Feral ports playing badly on these... I don't know if CoH 2 is affected.

NP
I am also on Nvidia 384.59
Not sure if only KDE is affected but i can try from Cinamon or Mate or Gnome.
Hmm , if it is CPU related then I am kinda boned. :(
monsieursauce Aug 27, 2017
Same issue here on Arch since my 2 or 3 last kernel updates (I am under kernel 4.12.8-2 now).
razing32 Aug 28, 2017
Quoting: monsieursauceSame issue here on Arch since my 2 or 3 last kernel updates (I am under kernel 4.12.8-2 now).

The weird part is I had no issues until I got the Ardenne offensive.
Now even if i disable it i get the issue :(
omer666 Aug 29, 2017
Quoting: razing32
Quoting: monsieursauceSame issue here on Arch since my 2 or 3 last kernel updates (I am under kernel 4.12.8-2 now).

The weird part is I had no issues until I got the Ardenne offensive.
Now even if i disable it i get the issue :(

Many times I thought a problem or a bug came from something I've done but after updating or investigating, things end up being unrelated.
monsieursauce Aug 29, 2017
Still experiencing the lag on the latest Arch build with Gnome Shell. I really do believe it is linked to kernel updates because the game was working fine a few months ago.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.