You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
Dark Souls III with wine
cthulhusreign commented on 19 August 2017 at 5:33 pm UTC

So it seems that other games are getting their bugs fixed left and right. I am over here waiting to see if anyone will work on DaS III or maybe it isn't as important as the witcher 3. So far I have gotten the exe to run and i have gotten the menu and in game text to stop flashing by addin a new String Value named StrictDrawOrdering
then set it to enabled and checked the csmt. Anybody got anything else? I would really like to play this game.

Ehvis commented on 19 August 2017 at 8:02 pm UTC

Wine development can be a bit one sided. Having TW3 work, but the DX10 features of Bioshock fail shows how varied the results are.

De1m0s commented on 20 August 2017 at 9:16 am UTC

I try to play DS3 since wine-version 2.0. At this time, game started, but menus where terrible flashing. That has gone better with higher versions, but that's all what's working.
In game, you only see your statusbar and mini-menu. Nothing else. No character, no background.

Second thing is, that the game strongly needs to be played with controller. All the menus and options must be handled by controller. i did not found any way to change settings by keyboard.
And i spent x hours on getting controller working in wine >2.x. Impossible at this time.

De1m0s commented on 1 December 2017 at 8:35 pm UTC

Update (Wine 2.22): Character-creation works now, and the intro video is playing. But game crashes, just before it really starts.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Oxygen Not Included & Rust Christmas Patch!!
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "Black Mirror 2" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook