Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
GTA V
MartinPL commented on 26 July 2018 at 7:32 am UTC

That regression was fix in upstream, recommend this PKG with esync patche
Best PKG for Arch based
esync readme

1xok commented on 19 August 2018 at 12:41 pm UTC

Xpanderzero issues for me with DXVK and nvidia. performs -10 FPS compared to windows on similar hardware, which is amazing. No freezes, no crashes noticed yet. currently on 396.24 drivers but worked great with 396.18.05/.08 also

Wine-Staging, DXVK and Lutris are so amazing. I have now simply installed the Lutris version. Incredible easy. Then experiment a bit with the settings. And now it's going very well. Here's my result:

https://youtu.be/dEotD-E4MtI

When I stream it runs smoother when I disable anti-aliasing. Without Streming, that's no problem either. I still have to experiment. But the DXVK version is already much more fun than GTA V on PlayStation, where I have played so far.

GTA V, however, always fills up the VRAM. After a while that's full at about 3.5 GB. (With the GTX 970 the driver prevents the full assignment.) No matter if I use high resolution textures or not. At low quality it only takes a little longer. But so far I haven't noticed any disadvantages. So maybe this is just the memory management of the game.

Another question that's bothering me: The DXVK version also runs very well in online mode. I'm just wondering, can we get into trouble with that because of chaeting? Central libraries of the DX framework are likely to be replaced by many cheats. So Rockstar could confuse DXVK with a cheat and block our accounts. Is that a real danger?

1xok commented on 19 August 2018 at 12:54 pm UTC

lodFor me the game doesn't work with Wine 3.13, it just freezes right before the loading screen.
Does it still work for you guys?

I recommend Lutris. Lutris installs automatically a working Wine version. I think it still uses Wine 3.12 for GTA V. But that's not the deciding factor as long as it works. I've had zero problems with Lutris so far. Tested under Xubuntu (Xfce) with a GTX 970 and driver version 396.51. See my Video above.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „The Book of Unwritten Tales“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts