Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Slayaway Camp frequent crashing
Branwyne Oct 16, 2017
Hullo all! I have recently become a game tested for a small indie studio and I have suddenly been bombarded with messages from Linux users reporting a crash. I am in the process of getting Linux on a drive so I can do some testing but I am so new to everything that I don't even know where to begin.

Slayaway Camp is a sliding puzzle game, where the player moves a killer around a map to kill victims. Each move slides the killer in the direction he was facing. The crash seems to happen inconsistently but always when the killer has begun to slide or interacts with things on the map. I have compiled a list of information for all the users that reported the issue and the only consistent thing is they all use Nvidia cards and drivers. Otherwise the users have nothing in common, they all use different distributions, different versions, different desktop environments etc.

Any help or direction with this issue would be my savior!
Branwyne Oct 16, 2017
Thank you that is helpful! If/when you give the game a try if you happen to notice anything that stands out that may cause such a crash your input would certainly be valuable, I am trying to narrow down the focus for when I am able to test it myself otherwise I feel like I will end up entirely lost due to the sheer amount of configurations for Linux T_T

I will be making it a bootable drive, that is currently my project at the moment haha! Feel free to PM me as well if you are able to or willing to chat on discord or something!

Cheers

Bran~
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.